Elephant Trunk Flea Market

Flea Market Finds

Finished Window Project
   Today was a windy but successful day at New England's biggest flea market! Despite the unforgiving weather, there were plenty of vendors ready to make their sales and head home, out of the wind! Although I've lived here for almost two months now, today was my first day exploring outside of Danbury. I was a little nervous considering the flea markets in California are a hard comparison, but my expectations were blown out of the water! There were so many things that I had never seen before and for reasonable prices. One of my favorite pieces I bought today is a small orchard ladder. I have been looking for one of these for months and every one I came across was over fifty dollars; I bought one here today for ten dollars! I will be posting another article soon on what I have planned for it! The vendors were willing to bundle, negotiate and even give us the history of certain pieces. So on a lazy sunday, please go check this flea market out, I guarantee you will find something lovely to take home.
 
   On The Right, is one of the pieces I originally went to the flea market to find! I had been searching everywhere for a reasonably priced vintage window for a client. I am delighted to say that after bundling and negotiating I got this one for ten dollars! I cleaned it up, and placed the finished handwritten sign and wreath on it and ta-da! The finally finished product! My process for this project was very simple and so much fun to make! If you guys would like a tutorial I will gladly make one.
Once I decide how exactly I am going to utilize the items I bought today, I will post them along with tutorials! So keep an eye out for those!
 xoxo,
Kaitlin

Comments